HomeTales require some permission of you to use certain features from your phone. When you install or update the HomeTales phone application, HomeTales may ask for consent to access certain permissions on your mobile device. Below are the permissions the HomeTales app requires and examples of how we use them.
• Identity (find accounts on the device, read your own contact card, add and/or remove accounts, create accounts and set passwords): This lets HomeTales provide personalized recommendations using your phone contact card. For instance, this allows you to easily use your phone contact card image for your HomeTales profile. If you're signing up for a new HomeTales account with a verified Google/Linkedin/Facebook/apple account, this lets us verify your email address with those providers. This also lets you quickly access your HomeTales account from the Accounts section on your phone.
• Phone, Calendar/Contacts (read your contacts, read/write call log, edit your contacts, read calendar events and including confidential information): This lets you invite contacts from your address book to connect to HomeTales and/or sync your HomeTales contacts with your phone book. This also let you sync your calendar with HomeTales so you can view your recently meetings with your connections.
• Location (GPS and network-based): This lets HomeTales help you add your location to your Home profile. When you add a location to your Home profile, you'll find homes in your area and you will be matched with nearby professionals.
• Photos/Media/Files (read the contents of your phone storage, edit or delete the contents of your phone storage): This lets you upload a photo or video from your phone storage and save it to your HomeTales profile or Tales.
• Camera: This provides you the opportunity to use the AR+ adventure function. You will get an augmented layer in the camera that shows the filtered homes.
• Device ID & call information (read phone status and/or identity): HomeTales may use this permission to provide features such as showing a profile image when you receive a call from a HomeTales connection for example.
• Systems tools (test access to protected storage , use sticky broadcast,): HomeTales uses sticky broadcast mechanism to communicate between different modules inside the HomeTales App. For example, it allows HomeTales to show recommended and saved home searches for you to return to at any time.
• Other (control vibration, read sync settings, read sync statistics, prevent phone from sleeping, toggle sync on and off, view network connections, send sticky broadcasts,): This allows us to send you push notifications. This also gives you the option to download your HomeTales connections to your phone book if you'd like.
HomeTales website and apps are the property of HomeTales. For HomeTales, it is essential that user data is handled in a responsible way. Your personal data will be carefully processed and secured. HomeTales complies with the requirements of the Dutch Data Protection Act (Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens). The aim of this privacy statement is to inform you how HomeTales uses the personal data collected about you on this website and apps and how you can change the data or arrange for the data to be removed. This privacy statement relates to this website and apps only and not to other website and apps to which there are links on this site.
Purposes of collecting and processing personal data
HomeTales collects and processes your personal data, your profiles data, including your e-mail address, IP address,name, gps data, your home information, your own created tales, your gps location, as well as your telephone numbers, social login, and search profile, for the following purposes:
You can view the data we collect about you at any time, or arrange for the data to be removed. You can do this in the mobile app under menu option "More" -"Account"- "My information". In addition, you can object to your data being used for direct marketing purposes at any time. To do this, you can go to www.hometales.nl at the bottom there is a contact form you may use. If, as a visitor to the website and apps, you decide to agree that your data is processed to a third party via HomeTales, HomeTales bears no responsibility whatsoever for the way in which the third party handles your data.
HomeTales is constantly taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss of your personal data, as well as access to your personal data by unauthorised persons or to contest the unlawful processing of your personal data. In these cyber times there is never a guarantee for 100% security hence HomeTales is not responsible for claims or loss of data.
HomeTales website and apps also keep a record of general visitor data, including the most frequently visited pages or how our user experience the mobile app. One of the aims of this is to improve the design of the website and apps, enabling HomeTales to optimise the efficiency of its services.
To provide a stable service with the right system performance, HomeTales apply data retention. This means that certain data only has a certain lifespan. HomeTales can adjust this lifetime unilaterally as we believe is best for providing the service. HomeTales has the authorisation, to which you agree when you use our services, to have different data retention periods depending on the type of data which we unilaterally can change. We do this to keep data storage optimal and having the best performance of our services. At this moment we offer the following data lifetime for the following components: home profile details is stored indefinite as long as you use your profile and delete yourself, tales are stored minimal 5 years if usage is on fair usage base (HomeTales has the right to name what fair use includes) otherwise HomeTales is allowed to clean it up before but also allowed to store it indefinite when HomeTales find it reasonable, notifications are only stored maximum 60 days, message and chat data will have a lifespan of up to one year, the functionality called your voice,if you have used it, will have a lifespan of up to 3 months. Tale project data will have a retention of up to one year. My information download data if you have used it has a maximum duration of 60 days. If you have chosen premium options that relate to data retention for a longer period of time then this will be described in the premium option.
You are in control of your own data. When you delete something from the platform it is completely deleted. In case you want to delete your full data just go to Menu and choose "More- Account section- My Information" and choose option Delete my account and information. This will completely delete all data and there is no way we can recover that data.
HomeTales reserves the right to make unilateral changes to this privacy statement. Changes or additions to the privacy statement will be published here and take effect immediately after publication. So check the privacy statement regularly. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, please contact us.
The following applies to all HomeTales services (websites, services and apps).
How is the data used?
HomeTales strives to provide the best possible service to our users. In order to achieve this we naturally need information about you. HomeTales can offer you our services, personalized content and suggestions by collecting and using your data to gain more insight into how you use our services and deal with the persons or functions to which you are connected and topics in which you have expressed interest also outside of our services.
HomeTales also use your information to offer you suggestions and/or shortcuts. For example, we may propose to you to show you certain homes that we think are suitable for what you are looking for. Where we have your location information, HomeTales use it to tailor our services to you, for example, by showing you advertisements or homes of interest or local events related to your interests.
HomeTales also collect data to improve the quality of our websites and apps such as fixing bugs. HomeTales test features under development, analyze your software and use your device data to evaluate and improve our products and services, to develop new products and features that are of value to you. HomeTales also use your data to send you relevant marketing messages, notify you of our regulations and terms and conditions, and/or communicate with you about our services. Of course, we also use your information to respond when you contact us. Finally, HomeTales strive for the highest security where it is also important to use your data when analyzing how we can increase security and prevent misuse.
What data is collected?
HomeTales collect the content and other data you provide when you use our services. HomeTales collect the information you provide when you register such as name, email, and photo. But also when you write or share tales, and when you send messages to others. This may include information in and about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a tales was taken. HomeTales also collect information about how you use our services, such as which page you view and for how long or on what content you view and respond to. HomeTales also collect content and data that other users provide when they use our services, including information about you, for example when they share a photo of you, upload your information, add you as a favorite, and/or send you a message. HomeTales receive a lot of data for users that have a user profile, home profile and pro profile. In addition, HomeTales collect all kinds of analytical data to improve our services, such as information about the people with whom you are connected and the way you treat people, such as the people with whom you communicate most frequently or the locations with which you share a lot. HomeTales also collect contact information that you provide when you upload, sync or import this data (such as an address book) from your device.
If you use our services to purchase options or other financial transactions, HomeTales collect information about the purchase or transaction. Among other things, HomeTales collect your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, other account and verification information, and details related to billing, shipping, and contact information. HomeTales do this in a secure way and is allowed under legal laws.
We also collect information from your computer(s), phone(s) and other devices on which you install or access our services. Device information such as:
HomeTales collect data when you visit third-party websites and apps that use our services (for example, when they use the Like button and/or offer HomeTales sign-up, or use HomeTales for advertising). HomeTales collect information about the websites and apps you visit, and the information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us. HomeTales also sometimes receive information about you and your activities through third parties, for example, when a partner and HomeTales offer services together, or when an advertiser shares information about your interaction.
How is this data distributed?
By using HomeTales services, your data will be distributed. Our services are aimed at bringing together supply and demand in our social network. HomeTales make this possible by sharing your data with people you connect and communicate with or accessing public data for all if registered with HomeTales. Public data means the information you share with a public audience, and the information in your public profile or content you share on a HomeTales page or other public site. For example, your home profile may be found via google if someone searches with the correct keywords. Public information is available to everyone on and outside our services and can be displayed and accessed through online search engines, web services and/or offline media such as television. Other individuals may use our services to share information about you. For example, when people share a photo of you, share your profile, mention you in a message or tag you in a location, or share other information about you. You authorize HomeTales to use your posted or uploaded content for promotional campaigns on HomeTales and/or outside HomeTales through various communication channels such as, but not limited to, social media, print, and media magazines.
If you use third party apps, websites or other services that use or are integrated with our services, those third party services may receive information about what you post or share. In addition, if you download or use their services, third parties gain access to your public profile, including your name, email, user ID, country and/or language, and other information you share with these third party services. Data collected by these apps, websites or integrated services are subject to the terms and policies of the relevant third party services. Application examples include advertising, monitoring, email, socialsharing and analytics services (only non-personally identifiable information) and we want our ads to be as relevant and interesting to you as possible. With this in mind, we use all of our information about you to serve you relevant ads. We do not share any information that makes you personally identifiable (personally identifiable information is information such as a name or an email address that can be used to contact you or reveal your identity) with partners for advertising, measurement or analytics unless you consent. For example, we may tell an advertiser how the ads are viewed e.g., how often the ads have been displayed or how often an app has been installed after displaying an ad.
To provide a stable service with the right system performance, HomeTales apply data retention. This means that certain data only has a certain lifespan. HomeTales can adjust this lifetime unilaterally as we believe is best for providing the service. HomeTales has the authorisation, to which you agree when you use our services, to have different data retention periods depending on the type of data which we unilaterally can change. We do this to keep data storage optimal and having the best performance of our services. At this moment we offer the following data lifetime for the following components: home profile details is stored indefinite as long as you use your profile and delete yourself, tales are stored minimal 5 years if usage is on fair usage base (HomeTales has the right to name what fair use includes) otherwise HomeTales is allowed to clean it up before but also allowed to store it indefinite when HomeTales find it reasonable, notifications are only stored maximum 60 days, message and chat data will have a lifespan of up to one year, the functionality called your voice,if you have used it, will have a lifespan of up to 60 dagen. Tale project data will have a retention of up to one year. My information download data if you have used it has a maximum duration of 60 days. If you have chosen premium options that relate to data retention for a longer period of time then this will be described in the premium option.
How can I manage and/or delete my information?
You can manage in the app the content and information you share on HomeTales through the "more" menu in the app. We store data for as long as is necessary to offer products and services to you and others. Data linked to your account will be retained until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need it to offer our products and services. There are different data retention periods on certain data objects which you can read in the data retention chapter.
You may delete your account at any time. When you delete your account, any data you have posted such as your status updates, profile data and/or photos will be deleted. If you don't want to use HomeTales temporarily but don't want to delete your account you better deactivate your account temporarily. Remember that data that others have shared about you is not part of your account and therefore will not be deleted together with your account if you choose to delete.
If you delete your account in the app then there is a reflection period of 15 days, after those 15 days your data will be permanently deleted and you can not get it back. If you find data from you after that period let us know and we will do our best to support you.
When there's justice what?
HomeTales may make your information available to the law in response to a legal request (such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order) if we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so. This includes responding to requests from jurisdictions outside of the Netherlands when we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, in accordance with internationally accepted standards, or applicable to users from that jurisdiction. We may also use, retain and share data when we believe it is absolutely necessary to detect, prevent and deal with illegal activity and/or fraud, to protect HomeTales, you and others (e.g., in the context of an investigation) or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to external partners about the reliability of your account in order to prevent abuse and/or fraud on and outside our services.
What are international influences?
HomeTales may share information internally within HomeTales or with third parties for the purposes described in this policy. For example, data collected within the European Union (EU) may be transferred to countries outside the EU for the purposes described in this policy. We use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, under European Union law we obtain your consent to authorize data transfers from the EU to other countries.
What if something changes?
HomeTales will notify you here if we make any changes to this policy and provide you with the opportunity to read and respond to the revised policy before you continue to use our services. By continuing to use our services, you agree to the latest version and changes.
How to Contact HomeTales?
If you have any questions about our policies, please contact us via the contact form on this page.
Last modified: 01-05-2022
The following terms and conditions apply to all HomeTales websites and apps. In addition, the content of a profile and/or language must comply with our guidelines. You must ensure that your profile and/or tale complies with all applicable laws and regulations.
A. A profile and/or tale for a home, lot, garage, building, profession, brand, user and/or entity may only be managed by an authorised representative.
B. Any user may create a profile and/or tale provided it cannot be confused with an official profile and/or tale or violates anyone's rights. If your profile and/or tale is not the official entitled moderate profile and/or tale of a home, lot, garage, building, profession, brand, and/or entity, You must:
- Not speak with the voice of or place content as if from the authorized representative of the subject of the profile and/or tale; and
- Make it clear that the profile and/or language is not the official profile and/or language of the home, lot, garage, building, profession, brand, and/or entity.
C. The content of a profile and/or tale is public and anyone who can view the profile and/or tale can view its content.
D. You must restrict access to a profile and/or tale (through our restriction feature) if required to comply with all applicable laws and HomeTales policies.
E. You may not create terms and conditions for your profile and/or tale that conflict with our terms and conditions.
F. You may not misuse HomeTales' upload functionality.
G. You may not post or upload inappropriate and/or offensive content such as pornographic or discriminatory content. You will be subject to legal action.
II. Profile and/or tale functions
A. Content on profile and/or tales
You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including ensuring that you provide all necessary notices to people using HomeTales, such as those required to indicate the nature of the content you post.
All Profiles are public. This means that anyone who visits your profile can see your cover. Profiles and tales may not be deceptive or misleading and may not infringe someone else's copyright.
C. Actions and offers
The following policies apply:
- Offers must be valid for a limited time.
- You may only start an offer if you are the seller for or manufacturer of the product or service you are promoting and you pay for HomeTales advertising services. More information use this contact form.
- You must clearly indicate any restrictions that apply to your offer (for example, an expiration date or redemption restrictions).
- You are solely liable for any misrepresentation, fraud, litigation, or other issues arising out of the distribution and/or use of your offer.
- If your listing may be used at another company, it is your responsibility to liaise with that company and ensure that they adhere to your listing.
- You may only use offers for their intended purpose and not to promote your website or other contact information, or to offer a corresponding amount of a gift card or coupon.
- You must ensure that your offer complies with these conditions and all applicable laws and regulations. Offers are subject to many regulations. If you are unsure whether your offer complies with applicable laws, please contact an expert.
1. If you use HomeTales to distribute or administer a promotion (e.g., an auction or open day), you are responsible for lawfully administering that promotion with respect to:
- The official rules;
- The terms of the offer and eligibility requirements (such as times and restrictions); and
- Compliance with applicable regulations relating to the promotion and all prices offered (e.g. registration and obtaining the necessary regulatory approvals)
2. Promotions at HomeTales have to:
- Include a full HomeTales disclaimer for each participant.
- Clearly state that the promotion is in no way sponsored, approved, or administered by HomeTales or associated with HomeTales.
3. Promotions may be managed by profile and/or languages or in HomeTales apps. Profile timelines and connections may not be used to administer promotions ("Share on your tales to participate", "Share on your connections timeline for greater chance of winning prizes" and "Tag your connections in this message to participate" are not allowed). Each violation will cost you 50€ times the number of times shared/tagged e.g. 50€ X 100=5000€.
4. We will not assist you in administering your promotion and you agree to use our service to administer your promotion at your own risk.
E. Profile and/or tale vacancies
HomeTales's job posting policy provides guidelines on what types of job posting are permitted on HomeTales. Job Posting is a paid HomeTales advertising service and must comply with our social network guidelines and job posting policy. More information use this contact form. You must ensure that your profile and/or tale complies with all applicable laws and regulations. The following types of job postings are prohibited:
1. Misleading, deceptive or fraudulent job advertisements: Job advertisements must not promote employment opportunities that are misleading, deceptive or fraudulent. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Network marketing programs, games of chance, or pyramid schemes.
- Unclear business models that do not explicitly state how money is earned or how value is created.
- Messages requesting payment prior to application
2. Illegal products and services: vacancy notices may not promote employment opportunities that include illegal activity, products or services. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Illegal criminal activity
- Counterfeit documents or counterfeit money and/or crypto
- Use of, sale of or trafficking in illicit drugs/products
- Trafficking in human beings
3. Discrimination: Job advertisements must not unlawfully discriminate against applicants on the basis of protected characteristics, including, but not limited to, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, disability, medical or genetic condition, or on any other grounds protected by national, regional or local law. Vacancy notices must comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination.
4. Sexually implicit vacancies: vacancy notices should not promote employment opportunities in a sexually implicit manner. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Explicit sexual language
- Implicated sexual acts
- Images with implied nudes
5. Adult products and services: job postings must not promote employment opportunities that require adult services or the use of adult products. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Vacancies related to sex toys
- Vacancies related to products for the improvement of sexual performance
- Job openings that include videos, publications or live shows that are sexual in nature or involve nude images
6. Personal data: job postings should not ask for personally identifiable information or financial data of potential applicants. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Bank account details
- Credit card details
- Details of an official identity document
III. Profile and/or tale management
A. Profile and/or tale names
Profile and/or tale names must accurately reflect the profile and/or tale content. If a profile and/or tale does not meet this requirement, we may override the administrator rights or require the profile and/or tale name to be changed.
Profile and/or tale names must:
- be free of exclusively general sales terms (e.g. not use 'best' or 'greatest');
- be grammatically correct in terms of capitalization and, except for acronyms, may not consist only of capital letters;
- be free of signs and symbols, such as superfluous punctuation marks and trademarks;
- be free of superfluous descriptions or unnecessary qualifications;
- do not mislead other persons into believing, wrongly, that the profile and/or language is the official profile and/or language.
- do not violate anyone's rights.
B. Collection of data
- If you collect content and information about users, you must make it clear that you (and not HomeTales) are the one collecting the information, and you must notify the user and obtain permission to use the content and information collected. You are responsible for obtaining all necessary consents to reuse content and information regardless of how you obtain content and information about users.
- You do not collect user content or information and do not use HomeTales in any other way through automated means (such as harvestingbots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
C. Do not use information obtained through interaction with anyone. You must first obtain the express permission of the person in question before you can use this information for other purposes.
You must not improperly tag content or encourage other users to improperly tag content (for example, by encouraging individuals to tag themselves if they are not in the picture/tale).
IV. Profile and/or tale content
A. Profile and/or tales may only be created if you are over 18 years of age.
B. Profiles and/or tales are intended for HomeTales' target group, namely homes, apartments, garages, rooms, lots, and professional occupations that are of value to this platform.
C. Profiles and/or tales that promote or enable online gambling, skill games, including online casinos, sports betting, bingo or poker, are only permitted in specific countries with the express permission of HomeTales and if paid for advertising for our advertisers service. More information use this contact form.
D. Profile and/or tales may not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceutical products. Profile and/or tales for online pharmacies are permitted only with the prior consent of HomeTales and if paid for our advertisers service. More information use this contact form.
E. When you share a third party link from your profile and/or tales, you must have rights to do so and/or you may not edit any elements of the message example.
F. Advertisements must not contain false, fraudulent, misleading, or deceptive claims or content.
G. Do not use any third party products, copyrights, brands or sponsors in your profile and/or tale or as a photo without consulting HomeTales and payment.
IV. Liability and indemnity
HomeTales does not guarantee that the information and material provided on the website is up to date, complete and/or accurate. Nor does HomeTales guarantee that the information offered in its apps is free of errors, defects and/or viruses. We ask you to report this to us as soon as possible so that we can act accurately. Furthermore, HomeTales does not guarantee that such errors and/or flaws in the apps/website will be corrected or viruses/hacks will be corrected.
HomeTales shall not be liable if we use your posted and/or uploaded content for promotional campaigns on HomeTales or outside HomeTales via different communication/media channels.
Furthermore, HomeTales will not be liable for damages resulting from the use of electronic means of communication with its apps, for example, damages resulting from non-delivery and/or delay in delivery of electronic messages, interception or manipulation of electronic messages by third parties or by software/equipment used for electronic communication and transmission of viruses. The above limitations of liability do not apply if the damage is the result of intent or gross negligence on the part of HomeTales.
In case of doubt about the inaccuracy of policy or data or in case of detection of inaccuracies we advise you to contact us. HomeTales shall not be liable for any damages arising directly or indirectly from the use of any information you may derive from HomeTales.
You will indemnify HomeTales against any and all claims by third parties for damages suffered or alleged to have suffered as a result of the use of information on one or more HomeTales apps or sites posted by you or by any person or entity acting on your behalf.
VI. Your rights and obligations
As a user of HomeTales, you must act and behave with integrity in all respects as may be expected of a responsible and careful user. You are expected to read, understand and comply with all policies while using HomeTales. It is obviously not permitted to abuse the apps or use the content of the apps and/or websites for acts and/or conduct contrary to the law, public order or morality.
Last modified: 01-05-2022